Today, we have another heart to heart conversation with Char, Nancy, and Vivian! We never know where these conversations are going to take us, but we are always impacted and enriched by the conversation.
Our lives have a format, almost a cadence to them that we don’t always understand. But in the same way that the spaces between music notes are as much a part of the music as the notes are, the punctuation in our lives adds to our stories. Join us as we dig in and see where we will end up.
Today, Vivian and the Ladies Discuss:
- Space is important in the written word and even in music. With spoken word, we tend to want to fill every space.
- It isn’t often that we get to have conversations where have the space to think and adapt.
- All participants of a conversation aren’t always wanting the same thing out of the conversation.
- The written word allows us to have the opportunity to edit our thoughts and words.
- When you are with the right people, interruptions can be ok and aren’t always unwelcome.
- Vivian finds herself grateful for poetry.
- Char shares the poem, The Time Has Come by Derek Walcott
- Sometimes our brain needs some distance from memories to be able to reflect on love and be open to the reality that what we think may not always be right.
- Sometimes we have to direct our brain and re-direct our thought patterns so that we aren’t supporting changes we want to make.
- An intuitive mind is a sacred gift.
- We many times aspire to follow our hearts while getting completely lost in our heads.
- Why we run from our fears.
- Vivian shares that the best decisions she has ever made in her life were not a result of her intellect – they were decisions made against all odds.
- Facts and truth aren’t the same thing.
- Change doesn’t last forever, but it is worth the discomfort when you get on the other side.
- All the ladies share a tool from their tool kit to help you stay in touch with your heart and get out of your head.
- The Guest House by Rumi
I’m all about transformation, not just more information.
In a single word you can define it as *Metanoia: (n.) The journey of changing one’s minds, heart, self, and way of life.
Join us in Within (U)niversity
You have a collection of DIY and self-study courses available to you here – Within (U) Dashboard
You can watch videos here – YouTube Channel
This is where you can explore my art vibe and also support the podcast through Patreon
Other than here, my favorite place to hang out and be social is Instagram
Let’s stay connected! Pop in your name and email below for inspirations and missives directly to your email.
“Finding Your Own North Star: Claiming the Life You Were Meant to Live” – Martha Beck
“21 Lessons for the 21st Century” by Yuval Noah Harari
Join the Community – https://within-university.mn.co
Start a Convo with Me, Here – https://viviancarrasco.as.me/
Visit the Within (U) Dashboard – https://withinuniversity.com/dashboard/
Watch Vivi’s YouTube Channel – https://www.youtube.com/viviantv
Become a Patron – https://www.patreon.com/VivianCarrasco
Shop in the store – https://withinuniversity.com/shop/
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/vivi_carrasco/
Twitch – https://www.twitch.tv/vivicarrasco