Books can bring us new ideals and perspectives that we wouldn’t have initiated on our own. In today’s conversation, Vivian and Heather Williams, of Green Buddhi Yoga, discuss the teachings that The Way of The Rose by Clark Strand and Perdita Finn brought them.
The scale a variety of concepts, such as how we can experience religion on a personal level, the bridge between religion and the patriarchy, and how we can treat sex as sacred and not dirty.
Tune into this episode for an insightful and introspective experience with Vivian and Heather.
- Vivian and Heather share what restraints they initially had towards the book
- Heather shares her inspiration to create her own rosary after the book club
- How the image of God has shifted from being part of the patriarchy to a mother
- Why we don’t have to search for God and should turn within ourselves
- Vivian shares her favorite passage from “The Way of The Rose”
- The joy is there for us to enjoy
- How trauma and childhood can effect religion
- Ways to practice prayer in your daily living
- How life always brings us the right answers
- Mary can be a way to bridge the gap in our relationship with God
- Coming back to your center in the storm
- Re-evaluating our perspective on death
- Experiencing the holiness and sacredness of sex
- Taking religion out of our connection to nature and the natural world
- Overcoming the fear of coming into new circles