Cultivating curiosity will eventually lead you to compassion. Although today’s guest, Craig Constantine, describes himself as just a regular guy, he is an absolute jewel, and he has a myriad of different projects on the go. Vivian was fascinated by his project on cultivating curiosity, and then that leading to compassion, so she spoke to him about it. Today, we offer their conversation to you, the listener, as a gift from us.
Life is constantly changing. Along the way, Craig came to realize that compassion was like a doorway that he had always passed by without ever bothering to look at it. In this episode, he talks to us about his journey, and he explains how he discovered compassion and began to change. Join Vivian today to hear her sincere and heartfelt conversation with Craig about compassion and find out how being curious can help you to find compassion within yourself.
- Craig shares his background.
- How Craig discovered compassion.
- What prompted Craig to change his default stance on his perspective of life.
- The importance of having good role models.
- Craig discusses his tipping point for change.
- The kind of support that Craig received when he began changing.
- Craig talks about the things that boys are missing out on today.
- Craig explains what parkour is all about.
- How Craig dealt with the uncertainty and chaos around who he was.
- The importance of being curious about everything.
- Why Craig encourages everyone to keep a journal.
- Cultivating your curiosity.
- Serving with compassion and empathy.
- Using humor with compassion.
- Craig discusses what it takes to be a great listener and what constitutes a good conversation.
- Craig talks about perspective.
- Using the notion of novelty to help you move through shifts.
- The power of the human voice and listening without looking.
Links and resources:
We need laughter in our lives. Laughter is carbonated holiness. It’s like the cavalry arriving to help us get our sense of humor back. Anne Lamont