With all of the massive shifts happening around us, we are all in a state of self-exploration, learning, and growth. The need for systematic change is now more prominent than ever and there’s no better time to educate yourself and be a part of that change.
In this episode, Vivian discusses the prejudices she’s not only experienced but had to overcome herself. She discusses some of her own struggles as a woman of color, and the importance of elevating the voices of the black community.
Join Vivian in this necessary and pivotal conversation about racial injustice, the impact of assimilation, why we shouldn’t compare protesting, donating, and volunteering, along with so many other vital aspects of the changes we’re experiencing after the murder of George Floyd.
- Learning how to distinguish between fitting in and belonging is a growth process
- We don’t always know the impact what we have to say is going to make but we have to speak up
- Vivian shares some of the unconscious bias thoughts she’s had about race and how she’s begun to unravel them
- There are so many resources for learning about race and how it impacts our experience of the world
- Vivian shares how she’s opened herself up to learning about systematic racism
- We all have a unique path and purpose and there are different ways for each of us to contribute to making a difference
Vivian Carrasco, Ed.D, Master Certified Coach Mindset Mentor & Creative Midwife
Join me here: Within (U)niversity
760-576-LOVE (5683) | www.viviancarrasco.com @viviancarrasco |