Teresa Ott isn’t afraid of the unconventional. When you find yourself questioning “why are we doing what we are doing”? – just because it’s what’s expected – it’s time re-evaluate your answers. When she and her husband started questioning why they needed to have a house at all – they began looking for some out of the box ideas. Living in an RV was supposed to be a temporary transition – but after each started second guessing whether the other would “go for it”, they finally reached the point that they were done!
Turning Inward is all about the questioning process and figuring out why you are doing what you are doing and setting your life up to reflect that answers that you want to have to those questions.
Today, Vivian Discusses:
- The transition out of the traditional life isn’t easy or quick
- You can’t put your transition on a calendar and make it happen on schedule.
- When you do what you are “supposed” to do, it puts you in a perpetual cycle of assimilation.
- Tribalism wants you to fit in and wants you to be like everyone else – but it isn’t your only alternative.
- It’s ok not to have everything all figured out. Give yourself the whitespace.
- In order for creatives to create, you have to give yourself the space to create.
- If we waited to speak until we had it all figured out, we’d miss so much learning from the doing part of the journey.
- The more you learn about something, the more you realize you don’t know a fraction of what there is to still learn.
- You have to find people to support you and believe in what you are doing, but no one else can give you the blueprint for your life.
- Sometimes your relationships will have to shift to accommodate your transitions.
Teresa’s Blog – wanderingporcupine.com
AFearlessVenture.com – Teresa’s Business
You can join the Community here – https://within-university.mn.co
Take a self-study course by visiting the Within (U) Dashboard
Watch Vivi’s YouTube Channel
Become a Patron