I’m honored to have as my guest Martha Beck, the inspirational life coach, sociologist, speaker, and author of many self-help books. Her newest book is the first installment of The Bewilderment Chronicles Trilogy. It’s an allegory called Diana, Herself, and is a symbol of what the human psyche does in awakening. The book is about finding the part of yourself that’s who you would be if no one had harmed or shaped you in any way. Martha urges us all to find our “wild selves” as she asks, “Do you want to get wild with me?”
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- A snapshot of Diana, the main character
- Why Diana feels degraded and devalued
- Find WILD, wherever it shows up for you
- Happy and healthy=GOOD, and Sick and miserable=BAD
- There are three questions for Martha from my book club members:
- From Beth: How do we find the “Roy” within ourselves?
- From Todd: What books are on the cutting edge of bewilderment? (See resources below)
- From Lori: What are your thoughts on the Wayfinders’ Gathering, and will there be more such events?
- Moments of breakthrough
- The power of books—they SHOUT!
- Martha’s near-death experience
- Living “without a plan”
- The 2nd book in the trilogy: about freeing the divine masculine by the divine feminine
- The 3rd book in the trilogy: about the divine feminine and divine masculine working together to save the world!
- From the book: The 7 Tasks of Bewilderment
- A different kind of experiential learning
- Overview of the 2nd book
- Just follow your heart
Diana, Herself by Martha Beck
I Am That by Nisargadatta Maharaj
Within (U)niversity is a monthly subscription to a learning platform and private online community. It connects modern creatives who crave meaningful connection, because when we support each other the tide rises together. In addition to the exclusive online forum, there are monthly Q+A calls, unlimited coaching, short courses, 90 Day Adventures and more!