Today’s show is inspired by one of Vivian’s favorite mystics, Anthony de Mello. His last book, The Last Meditations of Anthony de Mello, The Way To Love, is a book that she keeps very close at hand and refers to often, as she resonates so closely with his writings. Listen to today’s show and learn how to really love and accept yourself and develop your awareness, through the teachings of Anthony de Mello.
Vivian explains that the premise of his writing is that love springs from awareness- and awareness is really her thing! She points out that in order for us to truly begin to love, we have to awaken that awareness and it’s really not that easy. In fact, it’s painful – as de Mello says, “The most painful act is the act of seeing, but in that act of seeing, love is born.” Vivian explains that most of us are really not content to be ourselves because we are programmed from birth to be dissatisfied- or to be anything other than what we really are! She points out that any change that you make is always accompanied by inner conflict. She talks about how people suffer from seeing the achievements of others that they believe not to be possible for themselves. She also talks about how difficult it is for most people to be kind to themselves and what a challenge it is for people to simply accept who they are. Listen in today, as Vivian shares more of her wisdom, as inspired by the mystical writing of Anthony de Mello.
Today, Vivian discusses:
- Why most people really tend to disregard their own gifts.
- The Way of Self-Understanding.
- Why everything that she does is around awakening and awareness.
- Observing and studying yourself, without judgment, rather than trying to change yourself.
- What will happen to you from observing yourself, rather than trying to change?
- What happens to people, as a result of the transforming light of awareness.
- The difference between ego violence and nature violence.
- The amazing effect of awareness on your neurological system.
- Why you need to notice what enlivens you and really brings you to life.
- Noticing where your life becomes drained from you.
- Risking failure and really not knowing.
- Chiseling away at the layers that cover your soul.
- How you can touch your own heart- be still, wait patiently and watch closely.
- Allow the discomfort- don’t push it away and wait patiently.
Vivian’s email: email@example.com